While interviewing the Phillies pitching coach, one of the announcers described Game 2 starter Pedro Martinez as a "legitimate guy". So I guess it's good to know there won't be a cardboard cutout on the mound for the Phils tomorrow.
Also, Cliff Lee was described as having a "face dripping with confidence".
Whenever I read about a World Series played in the 50's or so, the games are always described as having been played on a "crisp Autumn day". I long to see a World Series game played in "crisp" weather. I can't remember the last time I saw an East coast game that wasn't dark, cold and rainy. I guess that's what happens when you have a World Series that now wraps up after November elections.
On the plus side, Cliff Lee's insanely nonchalant catch might have been the funniest thing I have ever seen in a baseball game.
_ _ _
Finally, a site on the Internet where somebody complains about things! Usually the fact that criminal justice majors make me cringe.
- I'd settle for a modern laundry room
- Just once....
- Now I remember why I hate watching post-season bas...
- The problem with being me
- OK, quick rider to completely undermine the point ...
- All your dreams will come true with COTTON
- The Pros and Cons of Being Tall
- Corollary to the previous post: I am seriously wor...
- I question if this actually happened.
- ▼ October (10)