Finally, a site on the Internet where somebody complains about things! Usually the fact that criminal justice majors make me cringe.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

It makes you sound more "law talky"

Here's a tip for CJ and paralegal majors alike. When you want to raise a point during a class discussion, it will go roughly 1,700% better if you don't begin it with "Nuh uh".

For example, try:
"Isn't it true that issuing a threat of bodily harm towards someone can constitute assault?"

As opposed to:
"Nuh uh, 'cause this one time my ex was like "Bitch, you crazy" so I charged him with assault and he's still locked up behind that shit."

In unrelated news, one of my favorite CJ majors expressed a preference for going into the State Patrol. Why?
"Because you have to do less training. Well, not less training, but you don't have to do as much."

Later in the class, we (and by 'we' I mean everyone including the instructor) were giving him tips on weaseling out of his inevitable first wrongful shooting. My advice, make sure to put lots of masking tape on the handle of the gun you plant to avoid leaving prints!


_ _ _

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Paralegal studies and a goldfish attention span are not a good mix.